What do I bring to my first meeting?

  • Last year's tax return
  • A completed "organizer" ( We will send you a blank organizer for completion for current year data or you may use one sent to you by your previous tax preparer.)
  • All W-2's and 1099's
  • Current year escrow papers for new properties/refinances
  • Brokerage statement showing the entire year's activity
  • Most recent paystubs
  • List of any changes in household status/dependents
  • List of questions you may have

How long should I keep my tax returns?

The IRS may go back three years or two years from the time a return is filed. California and most states may go back four years. Sometimes a specific form from a prior year needs to be referenced to properly prepare a future year. If you are uncertain as to whether to keep a specific year, you may want to keep all tax returns indefinitely.

Where do I send my estimated tax payments?

All California residents, send your IRS payments to:

PO Box 510000
San Francisco CA 94151-5100

All California residents, send your FTB payments to:

Franchise Tax Board
PO Box 942867-0031
Sacramento CA 94267-0031

A service that will help you cope with writing an essay -

  top of page